Hon, I've been round and round with the Google people (who run blogspot) about their big brother language, and they just don't care. Their chief editor appears to be the last living adherent to the PRAVDA Style Manual. I know some folks hate being moderated in the first place, but I'm doing it more to protect the good-hearted people who accidentally share information they will eventually be very sorry they shared: phone numbers, email addresses, suggestive dreams, etc. . . seriously, whoever this "Anonymous" guy is, he could probably benefit from a few sessions with a decent analyst.
We're pals with the surgical resident again. Turns out these baby docs have skin like rhino. . .she says she can't email photos of the operation to us because of the red-tape it will involve but thinks she can have someone put them on a CD-ROM, so squeamish ones, time to start worrying again.
Get a physical.
fuzzywhitedogs, everyone's trying like crazy to figure out who you are. Oh and, We've recently been handed down (from my parents) a cool Ekornes recliner--Good to know it will be put to use.
A number of people have posted looking for address information to send cards, so here it goes. Sherri is at Saint Mary's Hospital,1216 Second Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55902. But Sherri's keeping close track of the blog postings, so that works every bit as well as a card.
This is just to answer a bunch of general questions I've gotten on regular email, and I'll do my best to get it right without blowing on too long: No one gets admitted to the Mayo Clinic itself. The Mayo Clinic is this huge Medical Facility that looks half like the world's snappiest doctor's office, half like an art museum, and half like where the good guy would live in a Fritz Lang movie (I know that adds up to one and a half, but the place is huge).
The Mayo Clinic is physically attached to Methodist Hospital and emotionally (because it's about .7 miles down the road) attached to St. Mary's Hospital. The two Hospitals are staffed by the Mayo Clinic (and are part of the Clinic) and all of the employees in the Hospitals themselves wear Mayo Clinic badges. The reason I'm telling you all of this is that more people than I realized at first believed that Sherri was admitted during the ten or so days that she spent being diagnosed and bounced between specialists in the Mayo Clinic. She was in fact never admitted to a hospital until Tuesday when she had the operation.
Am a teensy bit sleep deprived right now which means that I could keep rambling interminably, so I'm going to choose this random stopping place to try to sleep for a second or two before the blog get two yards long.
Oh one more thing, from Sherri's window, we get to watch the rescue chopper take off and land a few times a day, which I thought was pretty cool at first, but then I realized how much bad shit must be going on for someone every time that sucker lands on the roof. . .and see, now I'm getting maudlin. . .that's it for tonight.
GW
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I hope that Sherri got better rest last night. We've all been thinking about her and wishing there was something more we could do.
Geoffrey ~ Great job with the blog. It's been great to get these updates!
~ shiloh
Sherri, all of us at Xavier are thinking of you & wishing you could be with us tomorrow night in class. Take care,
Brenda
I love the blog! It makes me feel like I am a little bit closer to you guys! When my thoughts stray to You, Sherri or Emma during the day...I just check the Blog to get the latest update!
I hope Sherri managed to get some sleep...I do not believe that there is ever any real "rest" in a hospital!
Hey!...How did that "sitting up in a chair thing" go with Sherri yesterday? I hope the pain subsides soon for her or at the least, becomes manageable!
Keep the updates coming...they are as important to us away from you all as they are for you guys to read the new comments!
My love to all!
Debbie
Sherri, I'm glad you are able to sleep. Give Geoffrey a drug or a knock-out punch so he can sleep, too. Emma, I've sent a package to the hotel to your Dad. Demand that he share.
Everyone, how do I add a picture to the blog?
We are always thinking about you, Sherri. Thanks to Geoffrey, we are able to stay in touch, even though we can't be there with you. I am hoping and praying that each day you feel bettter and better!
Lynne
To Hon: In answer to your question, "Everyone, how do I add a picture to the blog?", the only way I know of is to add a link to the image if it has been uploaded to a server. If that is all gobbledy-gook to you, have John email it to me at my C-State address and I'll take care of it for you.
Carla
Hey, Sherri! I wanted you to know that I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I have been praying for Geoffrey and Emma too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family. Geoffrey has done a great job with blog. Please tell him thank you. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Love, Joy
Post a Comment