The surgical resident is examining Sherr'is incision right this minute, and she's instructed me not not be anywhere nearby while that is going on. They're actually removing the bandage right now. She's gonna check w/ the surgeon to see if her NG tube can be removed. I think we'll all enjoy that.
She had a pretty rough night. As far as I can tell no real sleep still. . .but I'm guessing that's pretty normal after the first night of something this big.
She's running a bit of a fever right now,which is pretty normal.
They say they're going to make her sit in chair to today. I'm brave, but I think I'll try not to be in the room to see that happen.
GW
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like some pretty tough love from the staff...maybe that kick-boxing career isn't shot, after all.
Stay strong and give Sherri our best. Any word on a time table for leaving the hospital?
Woolf, don't worry about the sleeping bit. I work at b.north and most people don't sleep after abdominal surgery. The pain and the nurses are keeping her from it. It's normal. Her vitals sound great too. Tell her we're all thinking of her. Take care.
Chasity
I think your prediction is uncanny...she will probably punch you when they get her up this afternoon...probably right around 3:15. My advice is to take it like a man.
Mary McC-H
Now Sherri know how to keep us out of her gyfdloffice. Just have her little friend with her.
I note, with some surprise, that "comment moderation has been enabled". You could at least make it an active, not passive, assertion... as in GEOFFREY, THE ALL POWERFUL BLOGMASTER, ENABLED COMMENT MODERATION.
Hon
Geoff,
If you were reading Sherri all of the funny comments posted here all night long, it's no wonder she couldn't sleep. It hurts to laugh when you've had abdominal surgery!
Been thinking of you and your family and praying for a quick and complete recovery for Sherri. Miss your smiling face here at CS.
Gail Q
Poor Sherri! I hope they can get her pain under control soon, preferably BEFORE they make her get up!
Do you have a recliner? When I had my kidney out (cancer), the recliner was my best friend! (It hurt to sit up straight, and getting in or out of bed was agony, but semi-recined was just right.)
So.. if you don't already have one, you may want borrow one for a few months. :-)
Post a Comment