They didn't actually get her back into the room until a little after 4:00. She was very out of it and in a lot of pain.
The biggest problem beyond the pain, right now, is that she's incredibly thirsty, and word from the surgeon's resident is that she won't get actual liquids orally until around Friday. I've been feeding her a steady stream of ice chips, but she's finding that unsatisfying and infuriating. My prediction is that I get punched by tomorrow at 3:15
There hasn't been any actual sleeping either, and that is a little worrying, but I'm trying to convince myself that once she gets enough Dilaudid (delivered by that cute little hand-held trigger) she'll nod off.
The surgical resident is kind of funny. She's this tiny little thing who was trying really had to disguise how fascinating and entertaining she found this case, but we finally got her to admit that it was pretty fun being involved in removing a sarcoma of this magnitude. Once we got her a little wound up she showed us slides from Sherri's surgery including one of the tumor just sitting there on a table.
Horrifying. . . I don't know what else to call it. Put it this way DRC Cincinnati crew, no matter how cool it sounds in theory, trust me on this--you do NOT want her to have this thing in a jar on her desk. Besides, it would take a transparent garbage can to display this thing properly. . . and even then you'd all need another garbage can in her office to barf in every time you had to go in there. Super double extra icky. . .
If you're naughty, I might just have to post photos.
GW
P.S. for those tracking vitals (Jack) Avg. BP over the last three hours 124/66, Pulse 85. . .take that HIPAA
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I think I speak for all blog readers when I implore you not to post a picture of the tumor. Hon
And you know whatever Hon says is gospel...
Carla
Now me? I'd love to see it :)
No promise I won't pass out at my computer, but that's not your problem.
Awww, c'mon Hon, where's your sense of adventure? ;-)
Actually I would love to see a picture. I hope the pain will be less very soon.
The CS Biology Department wants show and tell! We love yucky stuff.
Frankly, I'm surprised that Hon isn't singing...."I see things in your peritoneum...that belong in the British Museum." (sorry Jack)
Maybe you could post the tumor photo with a WARNING in the title to protect the squeamish?
Post a Comment