Monday, May 14, 2007

Another quick update

We're out of the hospital, and Sherri is resting in bed at our hotel across the street. You gotta love a hospital in walking distance. . .and no, she didn't walk it. . .we have wheelchair for her, to which the surgical resident said not to get too attached. They want her walking as much as possible to make sure that her digestive organs, etc. are all convinced to function happily.

Whatever difficulties being out of the hospitals might bring, they should be nicely balanced by the absence of Heprin shots to the stomach three times a day, 3am wake ups for lab work, and evil Nurse Nancy, whom I'm pretty sure was assigned to us to make us want to leave faster.

As soon as she lets me, I want to post a profile picture of Sherri. Those of you who know her well will recognize her as wearing the body you knew her in five years agao. Those of you who don't will just take my word for it because I'm guessing she's not going to let me post the "before" picture at all. . .still, do not even attempt to try this one at home. . .seriously. . . worst diet plan ever.

Travel plans are still being firmed up. . .will report later.

Primary Care Giver to the Stars,
GW

7 comments:

Peggy R said...

Fantastic news! We'll be doing the chicken dance in Cincinnati to celebrate your return.

Anonymous said...

just got forwarded your blog: Enormously grateful for the successful surgery; our thoughts are so with you; looking forward to your homecoming, your friends @ 236 CR

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're out! I've never seen Sherri before, although I've heard much about her. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture.

Tony

PS- I may be wrong, but I think Alonzo Mourning had a kidney removed and then went on to win a championship backing up Shaquille O'Neal. If that's true, a kick-boxing career could still be intact. Nonetheless, she'll still be able to keep you in line.

Anonymous said...

Geoff,

Great news! Also, you're doing a great job of keeping us informed and, most importantly, a great job of taking care of Sherri.

You're the man!

bob

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Sherri. I'm sure we can find some lovely photos to post of Geoffrey too.

I'm thinking in particular of a hairdo with a stunning swoop of long, lemon yellow bangs!

anonymous

Anonymous said...

I do remember Sherri's "svelte physique". The "Sibs" were all commenting that this was a drastic roundabout way to get a liposuction procedure! :-) I was walking on air after I read the details from the pathologist and oncologist! So happy for all of you! We are planning a "family" summer visit (Kristen and "Beau" too I think)
Tell Sherri to keep up the great work and give Emma hugs!
Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Tip: when you hit the airport and ask for a wheel chair, don't be such a mahnly man and insist on pushing sherri yourself. Let the Red Cap do it.

You'll cut straight through Homeland Security lines (although they'll still dust her and wipe down the Delta wheelchair as if she were the Jackal). It's worth the fin in tips.

And make sure the flight attendant knows you want a wheelchair at the CVG end, before she closes the airplane doors.

From experience,

Dr. Grammar
Crip Drover