How? How is this exactly?
I've spent 21 of the last 24 hours in this hospital, and when does the oncologist show up? 10 minutes after I leave to grab a quick shower across the street. Seriously, I was gone 36 minutes.
They won't or can't tell you when they're coming by, and then you can't get back in touch with them once you've missed them. . .even at the great Mayo Clinic.
Sherri processed or retained none of the visit, so I don't even have information to go on. . .I'm starting to think my wife has a drug problem.
There must be some way to get these guys to show up when I'm actually present. What say you Dr. Grammar?
GW
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't shower? Shower in the MD's lounge?
Geoff,
Little do you know, they actually stationed an intern near your wife's room and waited for you to leave. That's how they entertain themselves!
Anyway, I have been following your blog (thank you for keeping us all posted) and I am very relieved for you and your family!! Sherri sounds like a hard-core chick, it is no surprise that she kicked this thing's a**!!
We miss you in class. Bob is doing a great job, but he hasn't mentioned Death Cab for Cutie yet. I guess this means I'll have to sign up for yet another Woolf Lit class before I graduate.
Missy Toms
P.S. Love the chicken!! I can see how it never lost its ability to amuse. Hang in there!
Hope the oncologist comes back soon. Still keeping you all in my thoughts.
Alison Hartman
P.S. Geoff, does chicken have a name? :)
Sic the chicken on the oncologist?
Two things are immutable:
1. Hospital time is reckoned differently from anything Einstein contemplated. For example (in RE one of your former blog comments), there is no such thing as "a jiffy", in which anyone promises to return. You saw that when you were in Sherri's room waiting for her to be "sent right up" from recovery.
2. There is a twenty-fifth hour in every hospital day, divided into five minute increments, which specialists use to visit the patient when you're not looking. They have a special gs system that knows if you've stepped out for a cup of coffee or a (thank your lucky stars you don't..) smoke.
The only way to combat this is a team approach ( and Emma is not old enough for such rigorous training), which requires one or more partners each armed with pagers or cell phones. One guy holds the doc hostage, until you can race back. This requires duct tape.
Sorry. Facts is facts.
Post a Comment